Surge Protective Devices
A Surge Protection Device (SPDs) is a component of the electrical installation protection system. This device is connected to the power supply in parallel with the loads (circuits) that it is intended to protect It can also be used at all levels of the power supply network. This is the most commonly used and most practical type of overvoltage protection.
SPDs are designed to limit transient over voltages due to lightning or switching and divert the associated surge currents to earth, so as to limit these over voltages to levels that are unlikely to damage the electrical installation or equipment.
- Built-in thermal protection
- 200kA interrupting rated
- DIN Rail mount
- Pluggable modules, finger-safe design – IP20 rating
- Built-in visual status indicator
- Easy installation or retrofit
- Fail-safe / self-protected design
- No external fusing or circuit breakers required